• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to move out but already signed the lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keri24

I'm the exchange student. I have already the contract until april next year but I want to move out because I have some problems with landlady. Someone told me that If landlady didn't give something that she promise in lease agreement,may be I can break the lease. So I look at my lease agreement and find that it was stated in lease agreement that" two keys are given to you;one for house and one for bedroom"but I get only key for the house but I didn't get bedroom's key because my bedroom's knob is the kind that can't be locked and it also stated that landlady won't resposible for stolen thing,please locked the door everytime.
So I'm not sure that I can break lease with these reasons or not
By the way, I live in ontario,canada.
Even though you don't know the exact law in canada but I would like to know that Do I have any chance to break this lease.

[This message has been edited by keri24 (edited October 30, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keri24:
I'm the exchange student. I have already the contract until april next year but I want to move out because I have some problems with landlady. Someone told me that If landlady didn't give something that she promise in lease agreement,may be I can break the lease. So I look at my lease agreement and find that it was stated in lease agreement that" two keys are given to you;one for house and one for bedroom"but I get only key for the house but I didn't get bedroom's key because my bedroom's knob is the kind that can't be locked and it also stated that landlady won't resposible for stolen thing,please locked the door everytime.
So I'm not sure that I can break lease with these reasons or not
By the way, I live in ontario,canada.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I do not know the applicable L/T province laws in Canada.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">