• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant Rent Security Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChynnaDoil

I ahve another question. This one has to do with a tenant rent security account. If a TRS account was set up properly doesn't the tenant have every legal right to see what is going on with that account? The reason I'm asking is becuase the psycho landlady in question recently told my fiance that he needed to go to the bank to add his name on the "supposed" TRS account. However, he found out that all they did was add his name and not allow him acess to view the transactions in the account. I used to work in a bank and I was under the impression that the tenant has every legal right to see what is going on with their money. Am I wrong on this one or is it just that perhaps the account was not opened properly as a TRS account?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChynnaDoil:
I ahve another question. This one has to do with a tenant rent security account. If a TRS account was set up properly doesn't the tenant have every legal right to see what is going on with that account? The reason I'm asking is becuase the psycho landlady in question recently told my fiance that he needed to go to the bank to add his name on the "supposed" TRS account. However, he found out that all they did was add his name and not allow him acess to view the transactions in the account. I used to work in a bank and I was under the impression that the tenant has every legal right to see what is going on with their money. Am I wrong on this one or is it just that perhaps the account was not opened properly as a TRS account?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure what the exact law is but it would seem that as long as L can account for the money in writing, L does not have to give T access to the bank account and related information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">