• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does she get out of this mess?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

admiral25

What is the name of your state? Washington.
My girlfriend moved in with me a few months ago. She had purchased a house with her previous boyfriend and has not lived in that house for about a year. She wants to get out of the mortgage and is haveing a hard time getting her "ex" to cooporate. Is there anything she can do to force him to refinance or sell the house??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

admiral25 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington.
My girlfriend moved in with me a few months ago. She had purchased a house with her previous boyfriend and has not lived in that house for about a year. She wants to get out of the mortgage and is haveing a hard time getting her "ex" to cooporate. Is there anything she can do to force him to refinance or sell the house??

My response:

So, she's following a pattern of moving in with men to whom she's not married. I smell a skank.

Does she have money? If not, then she can forget a lawsuit for "partition".

IAAL

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
...I smell a skank....
Cut off the smell feature on your computer...you will be able to breathe easier.

admiral25

No. She is not a "skank". That smell is probably your upper-lip. Yes. She has some money so, should she see an attorney or can she file the "Partition" on her own?

S

seniorjudge

admiral25 said:
No. She is not a "skank". That smell is probably your upper-lip. Yes. She has some money so, should she see an attorney or can she file the "Partition" on her own?
Yes, she can file a partition suit on her own if she knows the two kinds of partition relief available.

Please ask her if she knows that and post back the answer.

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

admiral25 said:

My response:

You don't have to worry about MY upper lip, Admiral - - worry about yours. I'm not the one living with a "Skank".

Do you smell tuna fish?

IAAL

admiral25

Seniorjudge: She does not know the two kinds of partition relief avalable. Can you tell me anything about them?? Tahnks.

I am always liable: Great comeback loser. Your a joke. Go away..

S

seniorjudge

admiral25 said:
Seniorjudge: She does not know the two kinds of partition relief avalable. Can you tell me anything about them?? Tahnks.

Then she needs a lawyer.

Partition in kind: y'all split the land up.

Partition in sale: y'all split the dough from the sale of the land.

(That is an exceptionally general explanation....)

lil' sis

in the same "boat" as admiral...NOT a skank

I live in TN and am in a very similar situation. I bought a house with my brother, and BTW would appreciate it if the infantile comments from the peanut gallery could be held to a minimum. I am here looking for actual advice, not high school cut downs. Anyway... we bought a house together and I am ready to move out. He says he is not selling and is happy here. To further complicate matters, I believe that even if he would agree to sell, the house would probably not sell for what we owe (which is much of the reason I'm trying to escape) The plan was to fix it up & live here until one or both of us wanted to move, then sell. Practically nothing has been renovated in the 7 years we have lived here & although the house is in ok condition & not falling in (yet) my personal opinion (unverified by any type of appraisal so far) is that we would barely get enough money on the sale to pay it off, if that. If I could manage to get my name off the mortgage, then I would be basically giving him my half of the house. Any suggestions?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lil' sis said:
I live in TN and am in a very similar situation. I bought a house with my brother, and BTW would appreciate it if the infantile comments from the peanut gallery could be held to a minimum. I am here looking for actual advice, not high school cut downs. Anyway... we bought a house together and I am ready to move out. He says he is not selling and is happy here. To further complicate matters, I believe that even if he would agree to sell, the house would probably not sell for what we owe (which is much of the reason I'm trying to escape) The plan was to fix it up & live here until one or both of us wanted to move, then sell. Practically nothing has been renovated in the 7 years we have lived here & although the house is in ok condition & not falling in (yet) my personal opinion (unverified by any type of appraisal so far) is that we would barely get enough money on the sale to pay it off, if that. If I could manage to get my name off the mortgage, then I would be basically giving him my half of the house. Any suggestions?

My response:

Oh, c'mon!!

It's not fair for you to ask us not to make an "infantile" (yet probably true) comment about your situation!

Oh, man . . . it's PERFECT too!

You're from Tennessee. You buy a house with, and live with, your BROTHER, and YOU don't want comments on that?

Not fair. It's just NOT fair!! At least the Admiral is living with someone who doesn't share his genetic code!! No, you're not a skank. I have another name for what you're doing.

IAAL

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

lil' sis said:
Q: Any suggestions?

A: Start your own thread.

lil' sis

just plain wrong

IAAL, does your mommy know you're up this late & on her computer?
well, maybe you shouldn't pop off about things you have no knowledge of because #1 I am not from TN. #2 I do not share what you call "genetic code" (known as DNA to most people who have passed the 4th grade) with my brother because we are adopted. #3 there is also a name for people like you who have nothing better to do than sit by their computers and blindly insult strangers who have an obvious need for some real help, even when asked politely not to do so. I think the Admiral had it... "LOOOSER!"
you don't have to bother with another puerile reply. I found the information elsewhere so that I wouldn't have to suffer through any more of your juvenile, uninformed, irrelevant, rude, & unhelpful responses.
Get a life.

HomeGuru

lil' sis said:
IAAL, does your mommy know you're up this late & on her computer?
well, maybe you shouldn't pop off about things you have no knowledge of because #1 I am not from TN. #2 I do not share what you call "genetic code" (known as DNA to most people who have passed the 4th grade) with my brother because we are adopted. #3 there is also a name for people like you who have nothing better to do than sit by their computers and blindly insult strangers who have an obvious need for some real help, even when asked politely not to do so. I think the Admiral had it... "LOOOSER!"
you don't have to bother with another puerile reply. I found the information elsewhere so that I wouldn't have to suffer through any more of your juvenile, uninformed, irrelevant, rude, & unhelpful responses.
Get a life.

**A: what the heck is loooser?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">