• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket, wrong info written.help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wallyson

What is the name of your state?South Carolina

well i got a speeding ticket, 62 in a 45. anyways i did not have my wallet i as going to the beach, so the cop asks me my name i give it to him, then he comes back and asks for my parents phone numbers. im 20 years old by the way, he gets ahold of my mom confirms everything writes me 2 tickets. 1 for not having my licence witch he says will be dropped if i show proof, no problem, the other is a speeding. ok now for the wrong info part. He spelled my last name wrong, he didnt include a"h" in whalley. he spelled it walley. and i drive an ACURA not a ACUR. so does this wrong info mean i can be grounds for dissmissed, or do i haveto grab my ankles like everybody else?

Curt581

wallyson said:
well i got a speeding ticket, 62 in a 45. anyways i did not have my wallet i as going to the beach, so the cop asks me my name i give it to him, then he comes back and asks for my parents phone numbers. im 20 years old by the way, he gets ahold of my mom confirms everything
He did that just to confirm your identity. If you think he was so wrong for doing so, bear in mind that he could have confirmed you through fingerprints and photos, down at the County Jail.
writes me 2 tickets. 1 for not having my licence witch he says will be dropped if i show proof, no problem, the other is a speeding. ok now for the wrong info part. He spelled my last name wrong, he didnt include a"h" in whalley. he spelled it walley. and i drive an ACURA not a ACUR. so does this wrong info mean i can be grounds for dissmissed, or do i haveto grab my ankles like everybody else?
The name misspelling is a common error. NO, it is not grounds for dismissal.

The car manufacturer is an ABREVIATION. Many citation forms have spaces that can only accomodate four letters.

ORAN is Orange
MERC could be Mercury or Mercedes
CYCL is Motorcycle

See how that works? And NO, it's not grounds for dismissal.

Better luck next time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">