• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Arbitration Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EUSKADULNA

We have a contract with a builder here in Ca we got down to the closing date and he recieved his net sheet from the escrow company. An hour later he called our agent and wants to cancel the escrow and return our money. We have a arbitration clause in the contract.There are no "Seller may cancel ..." Clauses. Our question is in the following Code what is Section 409 we can't find it anywhere..Thanks for any help...

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EUSKADULNA:

We have a contract with a builder here in Ca we got down to the closing date and he recieved his net sheet from the escrow company. An hour later he called our agent and wants to cancel the escrow and return our money. We have a arbitration clause in the contract.There are no "Seller may cancel ..." Clauses. Our question is in the following Code what is Section 409 we can't find it anywhere..Thanks for any help...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be the CA Civil Code. IAAL can you please check on this. The most that I can come up with is an all-purpose home cleaner in a spray bottle and I think a Jan and Dean tune.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited October 30, 2000).]

E

EUSKADULNA

I forgot to post the Civil Procedure Code I was referring to.
1298.5. Any party to an action who proceeds to record a notice of
pending action pursuant to Section 409 shall not thereby waive any
right of arbitration which that person may have pursuant to a written
agreement to arbitrate, nor any right to petition the court to
compel arbitration pursuant to Section 1281.2, if, in filing an
action to record that notice, the party at the same time presents to
the court an application that the action be stayed pending the
arbitration of any dispute which is claimed to be arbitrable and
which is relevant to the action.The portion that I can't find is the Sec. 409

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">