• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W. A. Hampson

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alaska

I am the landlord of a mini-mall. I have a tenant who bought a restaurant from a man about 2 1/2 years ago. Now the man the tenant bought the restaurant from is going to open up a restaurant across the street from him. Isn't there some kind of non-compete law, even if it wasn't addressed in the sale of the restaurant?

Thanks for any help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

W. A. Hampson said:

I am the landlord of a mini-mall. I have a tenant who bought a restaurant from a man about 2 1/2 years ago. Now the man the tenant bought the restaurant from is going to open up a restaurant across the street from him. Isn't there some kind of non-compete law, even if it wasn't addressed in the sale of the restaurant?

Thanks for any help.

My response:

None whatsoever. The man has every right to open a restaurant and compete for the business. That's what this country is all about - - fair competition, and capitalism at its best!

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

W. A. Hampson said:

Thanks for any help.
If it was not addressed in the sale of the restaurant, then the parties intended that the possibility of one or the other opening another restaurant was nothing to be concerned about.

HomeGuru

W. A. Hampson said:

Thanks for any help.

**A: I do hope you had an attorney draft your lease and there is a provision for L to approve any and all tenants on a biz sale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">