• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Vent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mysta

Well we moved this weekend. Well technically, we mostly moved this weekend. With only our car to move things with, it took a LOOOOOOOONG time. Thankfully yesterday we had a friend who let us borrow a truck for a couple of hours and we got all the furniture and stuff that wouldn't fit the car out, but we still have a few car loads of stuff to move. We're paid until the 31st, so we figured we had time, right? Not according to our (soon to be former) landlord. He said that he had cleaning people coming in today at 8am since we told him we were moving this past weekend and that we had to have all of our stuff out before today. How he had made appointments and such. DH told him that he would do his best but he can't promise miracles, and plus we are paid until the end of the month. Well the landlord didn't like that very much, and then started arguing, calling DH trash and that he's never had anyone leave the place such a mess (we were still moving stuff out remember and we were going to clean top to bottom - I was even going to take the day off work tomorrow to help). Well then he told DH that he wondered if DH's mother knew that DH acted like trash and that he was going to have the locks changed tomorrow. So we couldn't come in to clean anyway. Even yesterday while my friend and I were getting things packed while our DH's were moving things in the car, he would walk in and tell us what to do. I didn't say anything to him then about being paid until the end of the month, since I figured it would be better just to nod at him and save my eye-rolling until he left. But now I'm just upset that he would say things like that to my DH and in front of my kids. It makes me want to go back and give him a piece of my mind. Of course I won't though. I don't know, I guess it just makes me mad. And my DH is one of the most laid back people I know... I mean he almost NEVER loses his temper and is always kind (sometimes to the point where he's been taken advantage of) so I know that he wouldn't have said anything worth being called 'trash'.

I guess it's a good thing we moved. I always felt uncomfortable around our landlord anyway, I guess now we've learned his true colors.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm in Virginia.

------------------
Kathy and the Parker Boys

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mysta:
Well we moved this weekend. Well technically, we mostly moved this weekend. With only our car to move things with, it took a LOOOOOOOONG time. Thankfully yesterday we had a friend who let us borrow a truck for a couple of hours and we got all the furniture and stuff that wouldn't fit the car out, but we still have a few car loads of stuff to move. We're paid until the 31st, so we figured we had time, right? Not according to our (soon to be former) landlord. He said that he had cleaning people coming in today at 8am since we told him we were moving this past weekend and that we had to have all of our stuff out before today. How he had made appointments and such. DH told him that he would do his best but he can't promise miracles, and plus we are paid until the end of the month. Well the landlord didn't like that very much, and then started arguing, calling DH trash and that he's never had anyone leave the place such a mess (we were still moving stuff out remember and we were going to clean top to bottom - I was even going to take the day off work tomorrow to help). Well then he told DH that he wondered if DH's mother knew that DH acted like trash and that he was going to have the locks changed tomorrow. So we couldn't come in to clean anyway. Even yesterday while my friend and I were getting things packed while our DH's were moving things in the car, he would walk in and tell us what to do. I didn't say anything to him then about being paid until the end of the month, since I figured it would be better just to nod at him and save my eye-rolling until he left. But now I'm just upset that he would say things like that to my DH and in front of my kids. It makes me want to go back and give him a piece of my mind. Of course I won't though. I don't know, I guess it just makes me mad. And my DH is one of the most laid back people I know... I mean he almost NEVER loses his temper and is always kind (sometimes to the point where he's been taken advantage of) so I know that he wouldn't have said anything worth being called 'trash'.

I guess it's a good thing we moved. I always felt uncomfortable around our landlord anyway, I guess now we've learned his true colors.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm in Virginia.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes true in living color.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">