• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong information on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kshawks

I live in FL, however, while in KS for this weekend I received a speeding ticket for 85 in a 70. The Trooper asked for my DL and insurance information looked at the insurance information gave it back to me and said to himself, 1995 Camry. He went back to his car filled out a citation came back with my DL and the ticket. The fine is 120.00 and the law violated is 8-1558 infraction. I looked at the ticket the next day to see that he put down a 1992 Toyota, not a 1995 Toyota. Is that grounds for dismissal as the vehicles are very much different?

Curt581

kshawks said:
I looked at the ticket the next day to see that he put down a 1992 Toyota, not a 1995 Toyota. Is that grounds for dismissal as the vehicles are very much different?
Standard answer: No.

The citation is simply a summons to court, and is not evidence in and of itself.

That error is not constitute a substantial difference in whether or not you were speeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">