• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kicked out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aliunney

My roommate kicked me out because he did not like me having my boyfriend over all the time. I left on October 27. My name is still on the lease and he still owes me $300 for the deposit. Since he kicked me out, do I have any rights to sue him if he does not sign me off the lease and return the deposit money?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aliunney:
My roommate kicked me out because he did not like me having my boyfriend over all the time. I left on October 27. My name is still on the lease and he still owes me $300 for the deposit. Since he kicked me out, do I have any rights to sue him if he does not sign me off the lease and return the deposit money?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on if the eviction was legal or if you just moved out on your own. Also L would need to evict and approve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">