• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr.NAGPAL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobmeeta

What is the name of your state?NY

I was pulled over today and given 2 tickets by a NYPD cop in Queens, NY for not wearing a seat belt and my 7 yr old daughter who was in the rear seat also not being belted. We were both belted at all times. The cop says he saw my daughter moving around in the back of the car. My wife and 2 yr old baby (belted in his seat) were also in the rear seat. How can I fight this case and who will the judge beleive?

You Are Guilty

bobmeeta said:
What is the name of your state?NY

I was pulled over today and given 2 tickets by a NYPD cop in Queens, NY for not wearing a seat belt and my 7 yr old daughter who was in the rear seat also not being belted. We were both belted at all times. The cop says he saw my daughter moving around in the back of the car. My wife and 2 yr old baby (belted in his seat) were also in the rear seat. How can I fight this case and who will the judge beleive?
You fight it by pleading "not guilty" and mailing the ticket in to the address on the back. You'll (eventually) be notified of your court date. At that time, you show up for the hearing with your witnesses and you'll get a chance to testify about your version of what happened. Depending on how credible you and they are, you may (or may not) get the charges dismissed.

Given that the ticket for your daughter carries points on your license, you also might want to consider hiring a traffic lawyer to assist you. (Especially since I believe there is also a new law which would require a 7 year old to be in a booster seat, not just belted in.)

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">