• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BUYING PROPERTY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LISA NAQUIN

I am purchasing property with improvements with a cash sale; located in Vacherie, LA.
I spoke with someone in the courthouse and they said all we needed was a notarized purchase agreement by the sellers and buyers to get the title changed and filed. We I went to a notary tonight; in Jefferson Parish, she said we needed and Act of Sale including everyone's name, marital satatus, ss#'s and address. Do we really need to hire a lawyer is two parties agree on the purchase. And do we really need to go through an act of sale. I went to the courthouse myself and did the tax and title research. Please help me.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LISA NAQUIN:
I am purchasing property with improvements with a cash sale; located in Vacherie, LA.
I spoke with someone in the courthouse and they said all we needed was a notarized purchase agreement by the sellers and buyers to get the title changed and filed. We I went to a notary tonight; in Jefferson Parish, she said we needed and Act of Sale including everyone's name, marital satatus, ss#'s and address. Do we really need to hire a lawyer is two parties agree on the purchase. And do we really need to go through an act of sale. I went to the courthouse myself and did the tax and title research. Please help me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your money and you can act like an attorney if you wish. If problems arise later, consider it an act of ignorance.

L

LISA NAQUIN

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
It's your money and you can act like an attorney if you wish. If problems arise later, consider it an act of ignorance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are there any special forms I need to use?
"Purchase Agreement". How to write one up.
Do I need an act of sale?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">