• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voialoted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bonita Scott

IndianaWhat is the name of your state? Indiana I was told during a job interview that my present salary would be cut and that the company could not give more money. Two weeks later I declined the position and afterwards a guy with 6 mths. experience, another guy with 11 mths. experience and a white girl with 10 mths. experience was making more money than I was offered. I'm a 44 yr. old African American female with 17 yrs. experience in my job field. I was lied to and don't know what type of discrimination occured here because, the 11 mths. guy is 40 yrs. old and the white female is 40 or 41 years old.

BelizeBreeze

What type of discrimination? Probably racial....on your part. You are fishing for an excuse as to why being black didn't get you the money or the job you wanted.

You declined the job. And since you didn't give any relevent facts, the only thing we have to go on is what you posted.

And it sounds suspiciously like a fishing expedition. Try new bait. :rolleyes:

momof3kids831

Think about it...

They may have had a few more qualifications than you have. They are taking on a multitude of new courses in college now ,and may have had a little more knowledge of what they were doing in the position they received. My husband was passed up by a guy that was 13 years younger as he had more schooling than my hubby did in that field. It no longer matters of age but what you know that takes the cake... Maybe get a few more night classes and stop looking at it as a racial issue. Then go back to them in a few moths and explain what you have done to better yourself "for the company" and for yourself.... See what happens.. GL... Wish ya well.. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">