• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lessee's daughters wanted to fill out application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suzyb

I live with my mother and sister. Recently, the landlord gave us applications to fill out since we are over 18 years old. This application includes bank account information, employer, ssn, etc. I don't feel they should have this information since I am not the lessee and am afraid that I will be added as a lessee and held financially responsible if any problems occur. I don't want to give them this information. What should I do?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by suzyb:
I live with my mother and sister. Recently, the landlord gave us applications to fill out since we are over 18 years old. This application includes bank account information, employer, ssn, etc. I don't feel they should have this information since I am not the lessee and am afraid that I will be added as a lessee and held financially responsible if any problems occur. I don't want to give them this information. What should I do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are you trying to fool. If you live there, then you are a tenant even if your name is not on the lease. If I was L, I would say fill out the application and sign the lease or move out. It's very simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">