• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I think I may have been wrongfully evicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teresaisi

I moved in a old singlewide trailer a month ago. I am renting in Cumberland Virginia. I had to pay a 395.00 security deposit and 395.00 first month's rent.I moved in on Oct. 1st. I paid my second month's rent on Oct.29th. Well last night the police came to my house and arrested my boyfriend for an outstanding warrent. So natureally I went to the police station with him to take care of that situation. I came back within in an hour and my landlord kicked me out because they said they didn't like that the police had to come down to my house. A neighbor must have called and told them. Well in my hurry leaving out of the house I left something cooking on the stove and the landlord had to break in my house and get it off the stove before it caught fire. He said it was smokey in the house. This ocurred five minutes before I arrived back home. Well they sent word thru my other neighbor that I had 10 days to get out when in my lease it says if I am ever evicted that I have 20 days. Also do they have grounds to evict me? Also for the month that I have lived in the house it has been horrible.There is mildew all along one of the walls in my 3 year old daughters room from where the roof leaks. I told them about it when I moved in but they never made an effort to fix it. There are some other things wrong with the old trailer too. I just think that they treated me and my boyfriend unfairly. I am 6 months pregnant and have a three year old daughter and they are putting us out on the streets after I just paid the rent and I can't even get my deposit back. Was I treated unfairly? Do I have a case?Should I get the board of health in there to inspect the place before I move? Thank you for any insight that you can give me in this situation.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by teresaisi:
I moved in a old singlewide trailer a month ago. I am renting in Cumberland Virginia. I had to pay a 395.00 security deposit and 395.00 first month's rent.I moved in on Oct. 1st. I paid my second month's rent on Oct.29th. Well last night the police came to my house and arrested my boyfriend for an outstanding warrent. So natureally I went to the police station with him to take care of that situation. I came back within in an hour and my landlord kicked me out because they said they didn't like that the police had to come down to my house. A neighbor must have called and told them. Well in my hurry leaving out of the house I left something cooking on the stove and the landlord had to break in my house and get it off the stove before it caught fire. He said it was smokey in the house. This ocurred five minutes before I arrived back home. Well they sent word thru my other neighbor that I had 10 days to get out when in my lease it says if I am ever evicted that I have 20 days. Also do they have grounds to evict me? Also for the month that I have lived in the house it has been horrible.There is mildew all along one of the walls in my 3 year old daughters room from where the roof leaks. I told them about it when I moved in but they never made an effort to fix it. There are some other things wrong with the old trailer too. I just think that they treated me and my boyfriend unfairly. I am 6 months pregnant and have a three year old daughter and they are putting us out on the streets after I just paid the rent and I can't even get my deposit back. Was I treated unfairly? Do I have a case?Should I get the board of health in there to inspect the place before I move? Thank you for any insight that you can give me in this situation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

File a claim against L for a retaliation eviction and have inspections completed by the apropriate agencies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">