• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong grout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

levinll

I purchased a brand new home in Suffolk County, NY. During the construction process I met with the flooring subcontractor to select the tile and grout I wanted in my bathroom. Unfortunately the wrong color grout was used, and this was brought to the attention of the subcontractor (as well as the builder). I was told this would be rectified prior to me closing on the house, but it was not. I have called the builder and the subcontractor several times, and have yet been told when this will be fixed. At this point I'm very frustrated and angry that this problem remains. What are my legal recourse ? Thank you.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by levinll:
I purchased a brand new home in Suffolk County, NY. During the construction process I met with the flooring subcontractor to select the tile and grout I wanted in my bathroom. Unfortunately the wrong color grout was used, and this was brought to the attention of the subcontractor (as well as the builder). I was told this would be rectified prior to me closing on the house, but it was not. I have called the builder and the subcontractor several times, and have yet been told when this will be fixed. At this point I'm very frustrated and angry that this problem remains. What are my legal recourse ? Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Time to send the builder and the flooring contractor a written demand letter. The no right grout, time to shout, the big lout, cannot pout days are over.

L

levinll

Very colorful response, but don't I need to
add some "threatening" verbiage in this letter ?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by levinll:
Very colorful response, but don't I need to
add some "threatening" verbiage in this letter ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you do. Fix the grout or I'LL SHOUT. Let time pass, I'll kick your ass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">