• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keri24

I know that you guys don't know about the application of law in canada but I would like to know your opinion.
In the case that it was stated in lease agreement that I must get two keys,one for house and one for bedroom but I get get only one key for house but didn't get bedroom's key and my bedroom's knob can't even be locked so Is these consudered as landlady violate lease agreement and make me get out of lease

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keri24:
I know that you guys don't know about the application of law in canada but I would like to know your opinion.
In the case that it was stated in lease agreement that I must get two keys,one for house and one for bedroom but I get get only one key for house but didn't get bedroom's key and my bedroom's knob can't even be locked so Is these consudered as landlady violate lease agreement and make me get out of lease
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I used your scenario and applied general US L/T common law, L would be responsible and a lease violation but the action would not constitute a valid reason for breaking the lease. T could easily mitigate and resolve the problem by hiring a locksmith to change the lockset to a keyed type and send L the receipt as a rent deduction along with the net rent.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keri24:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I used your scenario and applied general US L/T common law, L would be responsible and a lease violation but the action would not constitute a valid reason for breaking the lease. T could easily mitigate and resolve the problem by hiring a locksmith to change the lockset to a keyed type and send L the receipt as a rent deduction along with the net rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">