• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking advice 80/55 MD - NC license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Repent

What is the name of your state? NC-license MD-ticket

Hi, I need some advice on a ticket I got from MD-

I got waved over by a tropper that step out in front of my car! in the fast lane, under a bridge. He was literally standing in the middle of the lane...I slam on my rental car brakes. I didnt realize it was a 55 zone. He wrote me a ticket and I asked him how many points is it. He said 2 points in MD.

I called NC DMV today, they said that the ticket is going to be prosecuted by NC laws? Even though It is a MD ticket. What should I do? NC got seriously Wicked laws for speeding.

I would need to get this dismiss or drop down to 69mph.

All advice would be appriciated.
Thanks,
Vien

Repent

What I dont get is, How do NC laws get applied to a Ticket I got in MD? If i get convicted in MD , I would get their points which transfer? correct? But I would also get hit by NC's strick Laws also???

for example.
MD this would be a 2point ,In NC this is consider excessive speeding which is 4pts and grounds for suspension?

-V

lwpat

What I dont get is, How do NC laws get applied to a Ticket I got in MD?
Its called the Drivers License Compact. Basically your license will be suspended in NC for sixty days I believe unless you can plead it down to a 69 which will not go on your NC record at all. I would advise an attorney. Check the find an attorney link on this board or email me for some references if nobody is listed.

If this goes on your record you will be in for another nasty surprise when you renew your insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">