• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex is a JERK!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nshorinek

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I really could use some intelligent help... My then fiance and I bought a house together and recently split up because he cheated. Unfortunately, we had cosigned on our mortgage. He has been living in the house for 5 months alone now, and still won't sell or refinance to remove my name. Is there legally anything I can do to get my name off? I'll be moving out of state in August and I need to be off before then. I have heard of something called a partition(???) and would like more info. If anyone has some real advice please help it will be much appreciated!!

BelizeBreeze

nshorinek said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I really could use some intelligent help... My then fiance and I bought a house together and recently split up because he cheated. Unfortunately, we had cosigned on our mortgage. He has been living in the house for 5 months alone now, and still won't sell or refinance to remove my name. Is there legally anything I can do to get my name off? I'll be moving out of state in August and I need to be off before then. I have heard of something called a partition(???) and would like more info. If anyone has some real advice please help it will be much appreciated!!
If your name is on the deed then yes, hire a real estate attorney and file partition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">