• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment roof leaking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webdust

My next door neighbor's roof is leaking so much so that they had to move the bed out of their bedroom and are sleeping in the front room. She's complained to the manager (large apartment complex) and they have been saying they will fix it etc., but basically have been giving her the runaround. In fact the manager said if she didn't like it she could move. She's trying to locate the owner but so far hasn't had to much luck. They have no insurance. (Southern California) Any suggestions? (besides moving?) She doesn't have access to a computer, so I said I'd make a posting. Thanks for your help.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by webdust:
My next door neighbor's roof is leaking so much so that they had to move the bed out of their bedroom and are sleeping in the front room. She's complained to the manager (large apartment complex) and they have been saying they will fix it etc., but basically have been giving her the runaround. In fact the manager said if she didn't like it she could move. She's trying to locate the owner but so far hasn't had to much luck. They have no insurance. (Southern California) Any suggestions? (besides moving?) She doesn't have access to a computer, so I said I'd make a posting. Thanks for your help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have her send the manager a certified letter stating the problem and how long the problem has been there and confirmthe management's refusal to rectify the problem. Research the L/T laws for her and have her put in the letter that her rent will be withheld or placed in a trust account until the problem is resolved. (quote whatever the applicable state law is) Gotta fix that Niagra Falls in the bedroom. Maybe it's time for L to buy her a waterbed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">