• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

double closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

woestmaj

What is the name of your state?wisconsin, milwaukee. hi, i was wondering if a 'double closing' is allowed within wisconsin. i was also wondering if a real estate offer to purchase is 'assignable'.

to define double closing: on the same date at the same time i would like the title company to allow me to purchase property (condo) from the current owner using my current offer to purchase. i would then like another buyer (mr i buy houses) to purchase the same property from me for a higher price using a seperate offer to purchase. i would act only as a middleman, never actually taking possession of the property.

to define assigning a contract: id like to include the clause "and/or assignee" on the line designated for the buyer. example: buyer: Jackie and/or assignee.

thank you for your time and help!!

shortbus

Why do you need to close on both deals the same day? Why not do them on sequential days just to eliminate possible issues?

As for the assignment, I don't see why the buyer would agree to that stipulation. Deals are usually staked in part on the seller's perception that the buyer is willing & able to complete the purchase. An assignment clause defeats that assurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">