• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michelekiera

I moved into an apartment when my husband and I seperated, I had custody of our 6 year old daughter. Before even movingin there,were a list of repairs that needed to be done, ie: a door placed on one of the bedrooms,a shower head placed in the shower. Within 2weeks of moving on I called the property manager and informed that the heat was not working, after numerous phone calls and three, yes, three months later (November, December, January and 10 days into February I finally had heat that worked and was able to use the rest of my apartment, not just my bedroom,I had heat. My doorknob was broken in march, I requested that they come and fix it, they came and fixed it the next day and locked me out. (March).Then when the snow was melting the back part of my apartment was being flooded(2-3 INCHES OF WATER) and they never came to do anything about, so I had wicher furniture damaged. I informed them I was leaving the apartment they sued not once bt 4times in 3diferent courts.the first two were dropped due to a settlement that was agreed on whenI tried to give them a certified check and they refused to take it and sued me again and refused the original settlement, 2ND time at court they never showed up, then refiled and came and refused our offer. We counterclaimed and filed a bill of particulars which they did not respond to and then changed the amount they were suing for to almost double the original amount.Any ideas anybody??

[This message has been edited by michelekiera (edited November 01, 2000).]

D

David J. Miller

If you want a response from Homeguru, you'll probably have to repost in lower case. I'd respond but I'm not an attorney and am not certain what you should do other than hire an attorney.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David J. Miller:
If you want a response from Homeguru, you'll probably have to repost in lower case. I'd respond but I'm not an attorney and am not certain what you should do other than hire an attorney. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David is absolutely correct. It is against my religion to read long posts in all capital letters.

Signed,
Case Sensitive

M

michelekiera

Please reread my question. I apologize for the capital letters. Thank you <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
David is absolutely correct. It is against my religion to read long posts in all capital letters.

Signed,
Case Sensitive
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by michelekiera:
Please reread my question. I apologize for the capital letters. Thank you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I read your post and have a question. Despite stating all the problems with the repairs and lawsuits etc. you failed to state the issue of the rent. It appears that you did not pay your rent. What is the story on this? In addition, you did not state the issues of why the 4 court cases?
I do not have all the details to give you a response and you did not ask a specifc question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">