• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

may be evicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amanda white1

if you get evicted for not paying your rent in a lease do u get your security deposit back and how much notice do they have to give you to get out. also do u have to pay the remaining of the money owed

[This message has been edited by amanda white1 (edited November 01, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amanda white1:
if you get evicted for not paying your rent in a lease do u get your security deposit back and how much notice do they have to give you to get out. also do u have to pay the remaining of the money owed

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not depending on how much rent is owed. If your deposit is equal to one months rent and you do not pay your monthly rent, then the deposit is used up. In addition there may be a late fee, cleaning and repair costs etc. which amounts would exceed the amount of the deposit.
Notice to vacate must conform to State L/T laws.

I do not understand your last question. Of course you must pay the money owed.

If you are going to post again, please post here to continue a thread instead of making an entirely separate new post. I know that this is your third post and it gets confusing in responding when all the facts are not on the same post.

A

amanda white1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amanda white1:

[This message has been edited by amanda white1 (edited November 01,

2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i meant that do you have to pay the rest of the amount that is owed in the lease or just the month that you dont pay

A

amanda white1

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to homegrown i live in ohio and was wondering if i am evicted do i have to pay for the whole year lease or just the month that i was evicted for

HomeGuru

Originally posted by amanda white1:

[This message has been edited by amanda white1 (edited November 01,

2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i meant that do you have to pay the rest of the amount that is owed in the lease or just the month that you dont pay
You are liable for the rent during the entire term of the lease or until the property is re-rented whichever comes first. L must re-rent the property as soon as possible at the same rent.

A

amanda white1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Probably not depending on how much rent is owed. If your deposit is equal to one months rent and you do not pay your monthly rent, then the deposit is used up. In addition there may be a late fee, cleaning and repair costs etc. which amounts would exceed the amount of the deposit.

to homegrew

i was wondering if i would only be charged for the rent owed that month or the rent owed for the remainding of the lease thanks

If you are going to post again, please post here to continue a thread instead of making an entirely separate new post. I know that this is your third post and it gets confusing in responding when all the facts are not on the same post.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A

amanda white1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so i should be worried about having to pay for the apart until it is rerented

A

amanda white1

You are liable for the rent during the entire term of the lease or until the property is re-rented whichever comes first. L must re-rent the property as soon as possible at the same rent.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is there anyway that i could avoid that or maybe talk to her

HomeGuru

so i should be worried about having to pay for the apart until it is rerented
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. And my name is HomeGuru not Homegrown or Homegrew.

HomeGuru

is there anyway that i could avoid that or maybe talk to her<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By all means you should be in constant communication with L. Try and negotiate something with her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">