• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Articles of Incorporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texans4Darfur

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I am trying to get all the paperwork completed to file for federal tax exemption as a 501(c)(3) corporation. My organization is constructed mainly to educate the public on the issues of genocide and raise funds to directly aid the people of Darfur, Sudan. I am requesting "lobbying" exemption under 501(h). My question is: do I need to reference the 501(h) requirements or anything in my Articles of Incorporation to be able to file for 501(h)?

I do not have funds to contact a lawyer, so I'm learning this on my own....any general advice you could provide would be appreciated. None of the books, forms, guides, or online resources have been able to provide an answer for me.

Thanks in advance!

President - Founder
Texans4Darfur

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">