• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Points recorded on driving record how soon after ruling?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariaB

What is the name of your state?CA: How long before the points appear on my record after having been found guilty of moving violation (Monterey County-Marina)?

Thanks.

CdwJava

mariaB said:
What is the name of your state?CA: How long before the points appear on my record after having been found guilty of moving violation (Monterey County-Marina)?
Not too long, I imagine. It really depends on your county bureaucracy. If you must act on the presumption of the points appearing, work under the assumption that they appear the next day just to be safe.

Why does it matter how long it takes to appear?

- Carl

lwpat

Why does it matter how long it takes to appear?
The timing can be very important from an insurance standpoint and not losing your good driver insurance discount. If you have one ticket that is fixing to go off then you may want to delay your court date, same thing for eligibility for traffic school.

In some states, Virginia especially, the court will look at your record and that can have an impact on the fine. Also if you drive a company vehicle you may want to delay until after the company renews its insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">