• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jewday

What is the name of your state? omaha, nebraska I need to know if I get compensated besides medical for putting up my child for adoption to a couple that live in wisconsin. I am due to deliver on June 16th, 2005. please let me know.

Shay-Pari'e

jewday said:
What is the name of your state? omaha, nebraska I need to know if I get compensated besides medical for putting up my child for adoption to a couple that live in wisconsin. I am due to deliver on June 16th, 2005. please let me know.
Why have you not done this through a lawyer?

nextwife

jewday said:
Besides medical, what form of "compensation" were you looking for?

You need to get an attorney to represent you and to draw up any relinquishment papers for both you and bio dad.

If you have not notified bio dad, he can fight it and overturn the adoption.

momofrose

Each state has different definitions for "compensation"...if you mean can you get paid for putting up your child for adoption..NO..if you mean can you get some living expenses, that depends on the state.

You definitely need to be going through a lawyer or agency...do not do this on your own..
Good Luck

"D"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">