• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flain18

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Cayman Islands

I have a timeshare with a hotel in the Cayman Islands. The property was severly damaged by hurrican Ivan. The owner was unable to obtain a settlement from the insurance company. The owner is now disposing of the property "as is".

My questions is Do I have any recourse against the owner or property?

I would assume Cayman Real Estate Law is based on British Law.

Thanks,

Flain18

bigdummy

You are a owner...aren't you

This may be a dumb statement but aren't you an owner too. I thought that all of the owners of timeshares were the collective owners of the property. How can there be one owner? Doesn't your annual taxes or fee pay for insurance? It should and I would get a copy of the policy and read it. If it was me, I would find many owners and fight the ins. company. The person or persons maintaining the property are paid by you and your ann fee. If I was just a property manager I wouldn't really question a denial of a claim as much as if I was an owner.

Did that make any sense? The way I look at it, you own 1/52th of one unit. You are an owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">