• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help 77 in a 45 construction zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Japalactica

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was stopped for doing 77 in a 45 construction zone. The thing is I don't believe I was in a construction zone as all the construction barrels had been moved off the road. Also the spped limit sign right where I was pulled over was not covered and it clearly stated that the speed limit was normal. After my ticket was issued I went back and video taped the stretch of road with my brother and you can clearly see the speed limit sign. Any advice as I wait for my hearing date?

michsisu

Michigan drivers are supposed to know that the speed limit in any construction zone is 45 mph, unless otherwise posted with a different construction speed limit. Even if the normal speed limit sign wasn't covered, drivers are to do the construction zone 45 mph.

Was there a "work zone" sign before the orange barrels and an "end road work" sign after? That *might* be your only hope.
I'm not sure if just the presence of orange barrels means a stretch of road is a construction zone.
Chances are the officer that gave you the ticket knew the construction zone laws.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">