• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

renter wants to add closet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulandjanet

NYC/ i have just rented an apartment to a couple who want to build a closet in the master bedroom. Who is responsible for the cost? the apt has a big walk in closet in another room and a small closet in the living room. thanks for your input janet

D

David J. Miller

Hey, your post sounds very familiar. This time it's a closet rather than painting.

If you want a different answer than the one you already got, click search on your toolbar and type in "advice." It will take you to a million or so various advice pages that may give you the answer you want to hear. :)

[This message has been edited by David J. Miller (edited November 01, 2000).]

P

paulandjanet

Originally posted by David J. Miller:
Hey, your post sounds very familiar. This time it's a closet rather than painting.

If you want a different answer than the one you already got, click search on your toolbar and type in "advice." It will take you to a million or so various advice pages that may give you the answer you want to hear. :)

Can I help it if I have a lot of questions? Painting is one thing which i am going to pay for but building closets is different. All I want is advice not sarcasm thank you very much!!!

[This message has been edited by David J. Miller (edited November 01, 2000).]
[/QU

M

Mhami

Oops, I really should keep my input to myself. I don't want to give the wrong info.

Marianne

[This message has been edited by Mhami (edited November 01, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paulandjanet:
NYC/ i have just rented an apartment to a couple who want to build a closet in the master bedroom. Who is responsible for the cost? the apt has a big walk in closet in another room and a small closet in the living room. thanks for your input janet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are, since you are the owner and bedrooms should have closets. General building codes require a closet in a bedroom in order for the bedroom to be a legal bedroom. Check with your local building department for the exact code requirements. Is your property legal with all building permits and everything to code?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">