• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frozen assets / who should I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bameco

What is the name of your state? Texas

I own a flooring company and work out of my home. I rent a warehouse in Carrollton, TX and pay storage fees etc. for my goods. The name of the warehouse co. is SBL for short and their corporate office and other warehouse is in CA. I purchased my GOODS from a company in CA lets call them ST. I paid them for the GOODS and the SHIPPING COST to transport the GOODS from SBL warehouse in CA to SBL warehouse in TX. Come to find out now ST says they had problems with SBL over unresolved claims and that SBL doesnt want to pay ST for lost or damaged goods so what ST did was moved out all their products to their own warehouse and put a stop payment on the checks for their storage fees and shipping fees (the shipping fee I had paid to ST.) Now SBL claims they can hold my products here in TX and not allow me to ship out anything because ST didnt pay them for the shipping charges. I told them we are not the same company and we have different accounts and if they have a problem with ST not paying they need to sue ST for non payment and not take it out on me just becuase I am using their warehouse here. What are my legal rights to my products. Do they have a right to freeze my goods here in TX just becuase it is their company here? I really got jammed on this deal. I need your faithful advice please help...

ST is supposed to be a friend of mine and he says that SBL has no legal right to freeze my products here in TX. SBL tells me they have legal right to freeze my products here in TX because ST didnt pay them. I told them I am going to sue them and they said I should sue ST and vice versa.

David Johnson
Bameco Flooring
(817) 277-9602

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">