• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good faith was different than actual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paula Cramer

Pretty embarrasing to admit but here goes-
I just bought my first home. The good faith estimate I was givem was completely different than what was presented at closing. My interest rate was much higher, the loan was variable (which was supposed to be fixed), I was told that I would have to pay a penalty if I refinanced early,and it was supposed to include an escrow account but did not. I went ahead and closed because I was told that the seller could sue if I walked away. Is it legal to completely change the good faith estimate without telling me?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paula Cramer:
Pretty embarrasing to admit but here goes-
I just bought my first home. The good faith estimate I was givem was completely different than what was presented at closing. My interest rate was much higher, the loan was variable (which was supposed to be fixed), I was told that I would have to pay a penalty if I refinanced early,and it was supposed to include an escrow account but did not. I went ahead and closed because I was told that the seller could sue if I walked away. Is it legal to completely change the good faith estimate without telling me?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is legal to change things but not like the way you stated. Who told you the seller could sue if you walked away? You could have possibly renegotiated the terms if you took a timeout and asked for a closing extension.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">