• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

corporations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

learning2fly

I am in a partnership (myself and another person) that has recently purchased an 8-plex, and a 5-plex, and we are wondering what entity we should use for the most protection, as well as tax benefits. We will also be re-habbing (Buying, fixing and selling) houses, and are wondering if the same entity should be used for it also. We are operating in Kentucky (Lexington) and are not planning to buy any more rentals this year. In the next 4 years we will probably be buying another 7 or 8 hundred thousand dollars in rental, or perhaps doing a few as early as next year, if our re-habs go as planned. Please give any insight that you have had in your experiences. Thank you in advance for your insight.
Brad

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by learning2fly:
I am in a partnership (myself and another person) that has recently purchased an 8-plex, and a 5-plex, and we are wondering what entity we should use for the most protection, as well as tax benefits. We will also be re-habbing (Buying, fixing and selling) houses, and are wondering if the same entity should be used for it also. We are operating in Kentucky (Lexington) and are not planning to buy any more rentals this year. In the next 4 years we will probably be buying another 7 or 8 hundred thousand dollars in rental, or perhaps doing a few as early as next year, if our re-habs go as planned. Please give any insight that you have had in your experiences. Thank you in advance for your insight.
Brad
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hire a tax attorney due to complex answers and varied issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">