• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property repair charged by Landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need99advices

Hi there,
10 days after I moved out from an Apt. in Michigan this Aug. I received a letter from L/L demanding a charge of $911 for replacement of an entire unit of carpet because of a few bleached spots. Since I don't recall of such spots, I send them a letter asking for pictorial evidence and some estimates of repair. This was ignored and I was sued within 10 days for damage and the lawyer's fee. The pre-trial was set at Jan. 2, 2001. My questions are:
1. Will any lawyer help me for this small amount of money?
2. Is it worth it?
3. Since I have to fly back to Michigan for the pre-trial from Oregon, can I ask for reimbursement of expenses if I win? and how?
4. Will I be re-imbursed for the attorney's fee if I win?

It was not so much for the money but I felt I was taken advantage of because I am a foreigner and I moved out of the state. Any help will be very much appreciated.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by need99advices:
Hi there,
10 days after I moved out from an Apt. in Michigan this Aug. I received a letter from L/L demanding a charge of $911 for replacement of an entire unit of carpet because of a few bleached spots. Since I don't recall of such spots, I send them a letter asking for pictorial evidence and some estimates of repair. This was ignored and I was sued within 10 days for damage and the lawyer's fee. The pre-trial was set at Jan. 2, 2001. My questions are:
1. Will any lawyer help me for this small amount of money?
2. Is it worth it?
3. Since I have to fly back to Michigan for the pre-trial from Oregon, can I ask for reimbursement of expenses if I win? and how?
4. Will I be re-imbursed for the attorney's fee if I win?

It was not so much for the money but I felt I was taken advantage of because I am a foreigner and I moved out of the state. Any help will be very much appreciated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

!. Probably not
2. No
3. No
4. Maybe

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">