• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Board of an association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thressa Luzader

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have read my Covenants over and over to see what it states regarding basket ball goals. After reading Article VII, 7.23 clearly states no vegetable garden, hammock, statuary, play equipment (including, without limitation, basketball goals) or pool to erected on any Lot. may be located other than between the rear dwelling line and the rear lot line, without the prior written consent of the ARchitectural Review Board.

I have sent certified letters 3 times asking that the board to do something about the movable basketball that sets in the front drive of 10 homes in our neigborhood all the time. I have be told the board said it is ok. When I purchased my property I did read the covenants and understood and was told that no basketball goals would be allowed. We have a basketball court on the common grounds. What can I do legally to force the hand???

LadyWolf55

The key words are........

"without the prior written consent of the ARchitectural Review Board."

Obviously, the parties with the moveable goals have consent of the ARB. Looks like you're SOL. :p

Shel77

You said you have been told the board says it's ok. Did someone on the board tell you this? I have the same issue in our HOA neighborhood only diff. is I know the board or ARC has said it is not ok and the just do nothing about it.

HomeGuru

Thressa Luzader said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have read my Covenants over and over to see what it states regarding basket ball goals. After reading Article VII, 7.23 clearly states no vegetable garden, hammock, statuary, play equipment (including, without limitation, basketball goals) or pool to erected on any Lot. may be located other than between the rear dwelling line and the rear lot line, without the prior written consent of the ARchitectural Review Board.

I have sent certified letters 3 times asking that the board to do something about the movable basketball that sets in the front drive of 10 homes in our neigborhood all the time. I have be told the board said it is ok. When I purchased my property I did read the covenants and understood and was told that no basketball goals would be allowed. We have a basketball court on the common grounds. What can I do legally to force the hand???
**A: what's the big deal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">