• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conversion to Senior Comples - legal rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

apenalosa

I recently purchased a condo in Orange County, CA that I partially bought because I only plan to live there about 5 years and it's a good resale value. However, after living there two months, some of the home owners are proposing to change it to a senior/adult complex. I am wondering if a) this is legal and b) seeing as this would have a huge impact on my ability to sell the condo would I be able to litigate to stop the conversion and/or recoup any loss in value if it goes through?

Thank you!
AP

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apenalosa:
I recently purchased a condo in Orange County, CA that I partially bought because I only plan to live there about 5 years and it's a good resale value. However, after living there two months, some of the home owners are proposing to change it to a senior/adult complex. I am wondering if a) this is legal and b) seeing as this would have a huge impact on my ability to sell the condo would I be able to litigate to stop the conversion and/or recoup any loss in value if it goes through?

Thank you!
AP
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes and yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">