• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name on Title is Deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hsommer

What is the name of your state? IL

I have a home with my grandparents...there is no mortgage. All of our names are on the title for the house. My grandmother just died and her will leaves everything to grandpa. Do we need (or can we) remove her name from the title of the home and how do we go about doing that? Then, can grandpa leave me the 2/3 of the house at the time of his death? Basically, after grandmother's death and her will leaves everything to grandpa others can't lay claim to her "share of the house" even after grandpa dies? Right?!?!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

HomeGuru

hsommer said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I have a home with my grandparents...there is no mortgage. All of our names are on the title for the house. My grandmother just died and her will leaves everything to grandpa. Do we need (or can we) remove her name from the title of the home and how do we go about doing that? Then, can grandpa leave me the 2/3 of the house at the time of his death? Basically, after grandmother's death and her will leaves everything to grandpa others can't lay claim to her "share of the house" even after grandpa dies? Right?!?!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
**A: you can't do nothing unless the probate court says so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">