• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pending suit - eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joebriggs

While in college in Ohio in July 1994, my roomates and I were evicted from our rental property. We failed to appear in court to challenge the eviction, and we have since had credit problems because of a "pending suit" against us. Is there a statute of limitations for the collection period? Will this eviction be removed from my personal credit file? If so, when? This landlord used and abused his tenants, and his company was even featured on an evening investigative reporting show on a major network. Please help, as I am trying to do some financial planning at this time, and I am hopeful that I will not ever have to give my former landlord the satisfaction of a single penny.

------------------
Joe Briggs (Ohio)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joebriggs:
While in college in Ohio in July 1994, my roomates and I were evicted from our rental property. We failed to appear in court to challenge the eviction, and we have since had credit problems because of a "pending suit" against us. Is there a statute of limitations for the collection period? Will this eviction be removed from my personal credit file? If so, when? This landlord used and abused his tenants, and his company was even featured on an evening investigative reporting show on a major network. Please help, as I am trying to do some financial planning at this time, and I am hopeful that I will not ever have to give my former landlord the satisfaction of a single penny.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If L was so bad you should have gone to court and pleaded your case. So L got a default judgement against you. This judgement may stay with you for 7-10 years and can be renewed again. So please add the amount owed into your financial plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">