• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to be rid of vacant lot.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sticker

My brother,sister and I have inherited a vacant lot in Texas that is in an undesirable neighborhood.I have been mowing it for 2 yrs., tried selling it,even tried to give it away and nobody wants it not even the city.I mow the lot to avoid the $350 charge by the city.I talk with my brother often but communication with my sister has broken off.She will not return any efforts made to reach her(lives in same city).We would like to deed this property to her (entirely) or rescend our rights to it. My brother and I have the goal of no longer being responsible for taxes and upkeep. I am afraid to let it go (abandonment) because of city legal recourse or credit hits. What can I do?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sticker:
My brother,sister and I have inherited a vacant lot in Texas that is in an undesirable neighborhood.I have been mowing it for 2 yrs., tried selling it,even tried to give it away and nobody wants it not even the city.I mow the lot to avoid the $350 charge by the city.I talk with my brother often but communication with my sister has broken off.She will not return any efforts made to reach her(lives in same city).We would like to deed this property to her (entirely) or rescend our rights to it. My brother and I have the goal of no longer being responsible for taxes and upkeep. I am afraid to let it go (abandonment) because of city legal recourse or credit hits. What can I do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the market value of the property, yearly real property taxes, mortgage payments (if any) and how have you tried to sell it or give it away?

S

sticker

Property Value is listed at $3500.00 on the tax roles. Taxes are about $90.00/ year.Ihave tried selling it by owner and tried giving it to the city.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sticker:
Property Value is listed at $3500.00 on the tax roles. Taxes are about $90.00/ year.Ihave tried selling it by owner and tried giving it to the city.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try contacting a charity, church, police dept. or nonprofit organization.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">