• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the restrant next door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tummy

i am not sure this is the right place to ask, but i have to start asking around somewher, so please bear with me.
my fiancee and i are living at the somewhat quiet corner of china town. our next door vegitarian restrant has some customer who chats loudry at our door steps after 11:30 pm to past midnight. (on the other side of the restrant there is an abondand building, though they coose to chat infront of our building.) we have told them to leave many times. as we have said it some kids would start to speak louder, or talk back etc... we love to live close to our family and asian community, but these days, we think about moving out. we have to get up eary, and all i wish is to get some sleep. i do not mind traffic or loud people walking down the street. but when there are people standing on/infont of our apartment talking for an hour, thats a diffrent story. restrant owner do not care as you might have gessed. is there anything we can do about it? please help us.
p.s. i am still not good with my spelling. please excuse me for any misspelling, etc.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tummy:
i am not sure this is the right place to ask, but i have to start asking around somewher, so please bear with me.
my fiancee and i are living at the somewhat quiet corner of china town. our next door vegitarian restrant has some customer who chats loudry at our door steps after 11:30 pm to past midnight. (on the other side of the restrant there is an abondand building, though they coose to chat infront of our building.) we have told them to leave many times. as we have said it some kids would start to speak louder, or talk back etc... we love to live close to our family and asian community, but these days, we think about moving out. we have to get up eary, and all i wish is to get some sleep. i do not mind traffic or loud people walking down the street. but when there are people standing on/infont of our apartment talking for an hour, thats a diffrent story. restrant owner do not care as you might have gessed. is there anything we can do about it? please help us.
p.s. i am still not good with my spelling. please excuse me for any misspelling, etc.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk to the restaurant owner about the situation. Offer some money wrapped in red paper, give some mooncakes or Chinese pastries.
If that does not work, call the police and file a noise violation complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">