• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOME GURU OR IAAL PLEASE HELP ME

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

puddette

I had a PFA put against my husband.The lease was only in his name.Since we have a daughter together together I needed time to find a new home.The landlord threatened to make the house unliveable.I had a restraining order put against him and his wife.I only stayed in the house for 2 weeks and he had the place rented before the first of the next month.While I was in the middle of moving he came to the house and took all the locks off the doors.I still had about 1/3 of my stuff in the house and it was either destroyed or taken from the house.I called the police and made a police report but there was not too much they could do at that point.I have filed a civil suit in PA District Court for $4,000.00.The biggest problem I have is that I dont have many reciepts for my stuff because most were kept in my desk and my desk was destroyed.I have a witness who will testify for me.What kind of case do I have.This Landlord is a real loser and looks very much the part.Also, he at a 3 month security deposit on the house that totaled $2,700.00.He kept all that money too!There was no damage to the house.He lost no money because of the 2 weeks I stayed there.Thank you very much for you help.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by puddette:
I had a PFA put against my husband.The lease was only in his name.Since we have a daughter together together I needed time to find a new home.The landlord threatened to make the house unliveable.I had a restraining order put against him and his wife.I only stayed in the house for 2 weeks and he had the place rented before the first of the next month.While I was in the middle of moving he came to the house and took all the locks off the doors.I still had about 1/3 of my stuff in the house and it was either destroyed or taken from the house.I called the police and made a police report but there was not too much they could do at that point.I have filed a civil suit in PA District Court for $4,000.00.The biggest problem I have is that I dont have many reciepts for my stuff because most were kept in my desk and my desk was destroyed.I have a witness who will testify for me.What kind of case do I have.This Landlord is a real loser and looks very much the part.Also, he at a 3 month security deposit on the house that totaled $2,700.00.He kept all that money too!There was no damage to the house.He lost no money because of the 2 weeks I stayed there.Thank you very much for you help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

File a lawsuit and testify that there receipts were lost, stolen destroyed etc. and provide estimates as to the value of the stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">