• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question re: Intimidation in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MagicKristian

What is the name of your state? California

I have been seriously considering the purchase of 20 acres below my existing homesite for use as a horse-training area, etc. Over the winter, while keeping my horses there, one was deliberately knifed and died a few days later, while I have been shot at on three occasions and repeatedly threatened by the neighbor adjacent to the property. I have confirmed from officials that his own residence, a double-wide mobile home, is in violation of code, and referred to the DA, who declined to prosecute, claiming he "lacked the resources to prosecute these cases."

Meanwhile the neighbor has continued to harass and threaten me, actually assaulting and nearly battering me at a local store the other day. Charges have been filed on the matter, but I am wondering if there is a CA state statute similar to the federal statute I just learned of in Title 18, Section 1960, I believe, which makes it a serious crime to interfere with a prospective sale 9(of federal land) through intimidation, etc. Can anyone advise me as to a similar applicable state statute in CA? Bottom line is that after enduring four years already of such harassment from a previous (now-deceased) neighbor, I am not up for any more of this, but know from experience to expect NO help from the Sheriff or DA...

Thanks, MK

HomeGuru

MagicKristian said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have been seriously considering the purchase of 20 acres below my existing homesite for use as a horse-training area, etc. Over the winter, while keeping my horses there, one was deliberately knifed and died a few days later, while I have been shot at on three occasions and repeatedly threatened by the neighbor adjacent to the property. I have confirmed from officials that his own residence, a double-wide mobile home, is in violation of code, and referred to the DA, who declined to prosecute, claiming he "lacked the resources to prosecute these cases."

Meanwhile the neighbor has continued to harass and threaten me, actually assaulting and nearly battering me at a local store the other day. Charges have been filed on the matter, but I am wondering if there is a CA state statute similar to the federal statute I just learned of in Title 18, Section 1960, I believe, which makes it a serious crime to interfere with a prospective sale 9(of federal land) through intimidation, etc. Can anyone advise me as to a similar applicable state statute in CA? Bottom line is that after enduring four years already of such harassment from a previous (now-deceased) neighbor, I am not up for any more of this, but know from experience to expect NO help from the Sheriff or DA...

Thanks, MK
**A: stop playing games and hire the meanest sob lawya.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">