• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help- Summons for a no fault of mine!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kavitha

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
I got a citation saying "Failed to Yield at stop sign after stopping at a 4 way stop sign"
I am absolutely "Not guilty".
Story:I was going from NORTH- SOUTH and she was from EAST-WEST. She was on my left. They gave me a citation because i hit the other person in Side(Rear Passenger side).
I swear to god i did not see her on my left.(the road from East- West was like this "\" and was a slope, it had bushes were obstructing my view and her car was green!
I stopped. Did not see her so proceeded further at around 15 mph. She came from Nowhere and I slammed on my breaks. Since she was turning towards me i hit her first in the side if not i would have not hit her or hit her in the front passenger side. The damage to my car was on right corner bumber.The headlights and glasses were intact and this was curvy road so i could not be speeding.
Questions:
"Failure to yield @ stop sign"
First of all... I could not see any one to Yield on left (obstruction of view by the BUshes). and the road on my right and front had nobody. So i went ahead.
The moment i saw her I slammed on my breaks and stopped (Yielded).

Second: I am at her right. Which means I get right of way if we stopped at the same time (which I am guessing we did). So she had to slow down while crossing the intersection. which she did not as her car tipped over (mine is a Volkswagon Golf and hers was Ford Winstar...Noway a Volkswagon can tip over a winstar unless she was turning more that 25-30 mph towards me...which is wrong!!!as she never slowed down even after seeing me...

Just because i hit her on the side. Does that mean I get citaton. I slammed on my breaks (slowed down) that is why i hit her passenger side if not I would have hit in the front.....

Can somebody help me!Please!!!..DO i contest this in COurt????ANy advice

Last edited:

Kavitha

WHY nobody replying ????

I Would really appreciate a response.....

I just want to know should I take this matter to court as I did everything as per the manual, Book and Law.

Curt581

WHY nobody replying ????
Two reasons.

Your post is literally unreadable. I can't make sense of it.

What little I did get makes me think that you aren't going to like what I have to say.

MagicKristian

Hope this helps

Kavitha --

I am not an expert in these matters, but did work in law enforcement many years ago, and have been in situations somewhat similar to yours a number of times since. I posted a similar reply to this one yesterday to the person who wrote under headline "$700 ticket???" with name of andrea___ (down the page a bit from your thread on the main list). Most of what I wrote her applies somewhat to you (and all of us!) as well.

I have a fairly good picture of the events from your description, but would not comment as to your guilt or innocence at all. The bottom line is that we are all at a VERY GREAT disadvantage when it comes to fighting these matters in court, due to their very complicated general procedures which few of us can master even after years of study and a law degree. Nevertheless, there are many excellent avenues of information/instruction available to us out there in libraries/bookstores/Internet, as well as by contacting attorneys, evne just for basic advice/consultation. No matter what, whatever the eventual outcome, it is far better to pay the initial cost of a consultation or books than to try and just muddle through on genral info, since you could be totally blameless and still end up guilty and paying fines if you don't know how to proceed properly, much less argue and present your defense case effectively.

So, enough of the negative side of this. Now for the good news: One of these days I plan to assemble a website solely devoted to helping people find all of these resources with one-stop. Until then, I would refer you to the free attorney consultation provided by this website, nolopress.com (an excellent source for self-help books and instruction on legal matters, including presenting your own case), and Just Cause law Collective at lawcollective.org. There are many other sites as good or perhaps even better, but these are really excellent, and will give you a good boost in the right direction. As you should know, if you do decide to fight this matter in court and can't afford an attorney, all states, I believe, must provide you a public defender. While some are really not that interested in doing that much, many are extremely conscientious, but just tremendously bogged own with excessive caseloads. However, working with all the knowledge and guides available thru these websites, doing the PD's legwork for him, you can very often present a very effective (and successful!) defense. It's always an uphill battle, to be sure, but the knowedge and experience gained is more than worth the grief, I can assure you, as a veteran of a number of such cases, both as plaintiff and defendant. I will leave it at this for now, and wish you best of luck (and skill!) in your efforts...

Cheers, MK

efflandt

What I do not understand is how she could be coming from your left turning right, and you hit her in on her right rear side. How could she begin moving fast enough away from a stop sign (in a Winstar) to roll over on her side?

Maybe she was the one who ran a stop sign (assuming there was a stop sign in the direction she was coming from), fast enough that she rolled it trying to dodge you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">