• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title co. wants to sign new contract 5 months after sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nestuca

I sold a house, in Oregon, 5 months ago. I owned 2 tax lots on the same street, 10th St.,each with it's own house. I signed to sell the 2 houses with a reality company. I own another tax lot that is vacant lot with a address on 9th st.,it borders both properties on 10th st back yards. I did not sign a contract with the reality company to sell this property. I am now being harrassed by the title company to sign a revised contract with the vacant tax lot to be included in the new deed, the title company says that it was supposed to be included according to the new owner, and that it was by over sight that it was not listed in the first contract,and they demand a response from me on this matter.The title company says that they are writing to me after contacting the real estate agent and she suggested that they have me sign a new contract. What are my responsablities? What I am I suppose to do? What am I suppose to say? I do not want any further harrasment from the real estate people or the title company. I paid half of the title companies costs and am wondering why they are harrassing me over this matter. I never met anyone that was involved with the sell of the house except my agent. Is the title company suppose to be tring to get me to sign a new contract? Also the new owner of the house has built a storage shed on the property, that is in my name, I am still paying property taxs and insurance. I have recieved the revised copy of the contract that they want me to sign, the title company has added parcel II to the contract and said this is the right contract to be signed and that the first one is invalid. We have not been contacted by anyone except the title company. I do not know wheither to respond to the title company or not? Thank you for any advise.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nestuca:
I sold a house, in Oregon, 5 months ago. I owned 2 tax lots on the same street, 10th St.,each with it's own house. I signed to sell the 2 houses with a reality company. I own another tax lot that is vacant lot with a address on 9th st.,it borders both properties on 10th st back yards. I did not sign a contract with the reality company to sell this property. I am now being harrassed by the title company to sign a revised contract with the vacant tax lot to be included in the new deed, the title company says that it was supposed to be included according to the new owner, and that it was by over sight that it was not listed in the first contract,and they demand a response from me on this matter.The title company says that they are writing to me after contacting the real estate agent and she suggested that they have me sign a new contract. What are my responsablities? What I am I suppose to do? What am I suppose to say? I do not want any further harrasment from the real estate people or the title company. I paid half of the title companies costs and am wondering why they are harrassing me over this matter. I never met anyone that was involved with the sell of the house except my agent. Is the title company suppose to be tring to get me to sign a new contract? Also the new owner of the house has built a storage shed on the property, that is in my name, I am still paying property taxs and insurance. I have recieved the revised copy of the contract that they want me to sign, the title company has added parcel II to the contract and said this is the right contract to be signed and that the first one is invalid. We have not been contacted by anyone except the title company. I do not know wheither to respond to the title company or not? Thank you for any advise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your issues are too complicated for a simple response. It appears that the real estate agent and the title company may be conspiring. Do not sign anything. Hire a real estate attorney to get to the bottom of things and have the attorney talk to the title and real estate idiots.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">