• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bail: Own Recognizance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fgheen

CA

Issued standard infraction for red light violation. Do not want to pay bail upfront to have trial ($340). Required in Los Angeles District Court. Have had previous request at arraignment for OR release denied. Any suggestions how I can have a trial, without having the pay the bail upfront?

Thank You. Fritz, Santa Monica CA

fgheen

follow up.

Also, I offer zero chance of 'running.' I'm gainfully employed, have never missed any of my 12 previous court dates for infractions, and have no criminal record, sans a citation for loud behavior.

I don't understand how the system in LA is legal. I have to pay money to have a trial. Do other municipalities operate like this? If the ticket wasn't so expensive, wouldn't be a problem--but $340 bail, just to have a trial? So if I win, I can wait 10 weeks for it to be returned?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">