• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drainage Easement Liablitiy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrentwoodLA

I live in Brenwood California

Hopefully a simple question. I have an easement on my property for a drain which helps a next door neighbor.

If the drain leaks, which goes under my property. 1) who is responsbile for maintaining the drain. The neigbor who is served by the drain? 2) Is that neighbor liable for any resulting damage caused by that drain?

Thanks.

HomeGuru

BrentwoodLA said:
I live in Brenwood California

Hopefully a simple question. I have an easement on my property for a drain which helps a next door neighbor.

If the drain leaks, which goes under my property. 1) who is responsbile for maintaining the drain. The neigbor who is served by the drain? 2) Is that neighbor liable for any resulting damage caused by that drain?

Thanks.
**A: simply read your recorded easement agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">