• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Lease or Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SammyH

I moved into a house with the option to purchase it after a year. No papers were signed by anyone. The house was a complete pig sty and smelt like a bar. I put in 2 new linoleum floors, restored the carpets until they looked like new, and painted 3 rooms, cleaned the stove and refrigerator until they looked new. The house was in better condition when I left than it was when I moved in. Well, I met someone and we decided to get married and for what this guy wanted for the house we found a much larger nicer home for the same price so, we moved.
Now this guy wants to press charges for missing blinds and having to redo everything. Can he do that and why would he? As I mentioned I spent all the money to make that house look a million times better. I mean the wall paper was stained from cigarette smoke. You could see where pictures had been!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SammyH:
I moved into a house with the option to purchase it after a year. No papers were signed by anyone. The house was a complete pig sty and smelt like a bar. I put in 2 new linoleum floors, restored the carpets until they looked like new, and painted 3 rooms, cleaned the stove and refrigerator until they looked new. The house was in better condition when I left than it was when I moved in. Well, I met someone and we decided to get married and for what this guy wanted for the house we found a much larger nicer home for the same price so, we moved.
Now this guy wants to press charges for missing blinds and having to redo everything. Can he do that and why would he? As I mentioned I spent all the money to make that house look a million times better. I mean the wall paper was stained from cigarette smoke. You could see where pictures had been!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wa not too smart to not get anything in writing. L can sue but if you have all the proof, L would not win. He may sue because he is a publicity hound and you are famous. Do you have any plans to get back with Van Halen? That Eddie could shred.

S

SammyH

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
That wa not too smart to not get anything in writing. L can sue but if you have all the proof, L would not win. He may sue because he is a publicity hound and you are famous. Do you have any plans to get back with Van Halen? That Eddie could shred.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought. And no I don't planning on getting back with Van Halen. I like fying solo, like an eagle.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I believe the legal theory is ameliorative waste. Essentially, you materially changed things in the apartment from the original condition, but since you improved it, their waste claim would be offset by your improvement claim. In the end, even steven.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SammyH:
Originally posted by HomeGuru:
That was not too smart to not get anything in writing. L can sue but if you have all the proof, L would not win. He may sue because he is a publicity hound and you are famous. Do you have any plans to get back with Van Halen? That Eddie could shred.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought. And no I don't planning on getting back with Van Halen. I like fying solo, like an eagle.

HomeGuru

Originally posted by HomeGuru:
That wa not too smart to not get anything in writing. L can sue but if you have all the proof, L would not win. He may sue because he is a publicity hound and you are famous. Do you have any plans to get back with Van Halen? That Eddie could shred.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Was it Fly Like an Eagle as in the Steve Miller Band or Take It To The Limit as in The Eagles. Hell did freeze over man.

Signed,
Desperado

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">