• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopted Parents Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsdun

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I was adopted as a child in Georgia. What rights do I have to my adopted parents estate.

tigger22472

rsdun said:
I was adopted as a child in Georgia. What rights do I have to my adopted parents estate.

If they die or died without a will you and any other siblings would be consider next of kin and equally due once things went through probate and a represenative placed. If they die or died WITH a will it's according to the will.

nextwife

rsdun said:
Why aren't you just asking what right you have to your parent's estates? They are your parents since you were a kid.

Are they both still alive? Both deceased or one?

When my dad died, my mom inherited all (as she should). If my mom has anything left when she dies (who knows, with medical expenses, prescription drug costs, funeral costs, etc. what may remain), it will go wherever her will states it goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">