• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord stealing from the poor(help)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sky75110

I live in tx, and I'm on section8 subsection
voucher.this was my first time on any program,I was given a list of landlords who rent to section. I called the numbers , and there was one landlord who had a apartment
I could rent.she said it was 500 a month.I told the housing authority what the price was , they said that was to high and ask her to go down to 400 a month ,and she knew that was to high.I told her the landlord what they said. she said OK. later wwe did the lease and we had to hurry back to the housing authority with the lease before they closed.
a few days later I came back to pay rent and get the keys.I was then told I would have to rent a t.v or vcr or something for 100 dallers so she could her 500 because.I told her I could not aford that , section8 said 500 was to high and they could not let me have it for 500. she said that is the only way I can move into the apartment.She said there is not alot of section8 rental places. and If I wanted a a place to live I would have to rent it.I was scared and did not want to be homeless with my small 3 children.I had no choice where was I going to go. and she knew it.I said I guess a tv. I had a t.v but I did not need anything. well section 8 pays 306 of the rent and told me my part is 94 dallers a month. that =400 a month. well
the landlord wrote on a blank computer paper that I my name will rent a tv from the owners name for 100 a month. no modal number or cerial number on it. i sighned it because I had no choice. and ther ewas no lenght of time on it either.in the real lease its a TAA lease the only thing it has is rent is 400 a month and on special provision it says partly furnished. dose not say with what.and no amount there either . the first month I paid it I gave her 100 for tv and 94 for my share of rent and section8 gave her 306 there part.
the second month I went to her and told her I could not aford it . and I think its wrong for her to make me rent it so she could have more money.I gave the tv back it was a 13 inch orion and cost new 130 dallers. she wanted me to rent it for 100 a month for 12 months and then give it back to hers because its hers.well she said she would evict me.and she did. i went to court and lost because they said that the t.v was part of rent but I have talked to a legal aid attorney and he said it was not right and not legaly but he could not help me because a lawsuit I would get money.so Im looking for a attorney. and not alot of them do wrongful evictions and dont know much about section8. please help me. I have her on recorded saying the housing authority told her how to this . so it would be legel. I realy need help with some advice. thank you

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sky75110:
I live in tx, and I'm on section8 subsection
voucher.this was my first time on any program,I was given a list of landlords who rent to section. I called the numbers , and there was one landlord who had a apartment
I could rent.she said it was 500 a month.I told the housing authority what the price was , they said that was to high and ask her to go down to 400 a month ,and she knew that was to high.I told her the landlord what they said. she said OK. later wwe did the lease and we had to hurry back to the housing authority with the lease before they closed.
a few days later I came back to pay rent and get the keys.I was then told I would have to rent a t.v or vcr or something for 100 dallers so she could her 500 because.I told her I could not aford that , section8 said 500 was to high and they could not let me have it for 500. she said that is the only way I can move into the apartment.She said there is not alot of section8 rental places. and If I wanted a a place to live I would have to rent it.I was scared and did not want to be homeless with my small 3 children.I had no choice where was I going to go. and she knew it.I said I guess a tv. I had a t.v but I did not need anything. well section 8 pays 306 of the rent and told me my part is 94 dallers a month. that =400 a month. well
the landlord wrote on a blank computer paper that I my name will rent a tv from the owners name for 100 a month. no modal number or cerial number on it. i sighned it because I had no choice. and ther ewas no lenght of time on it either.in the real lease its a TAA lease the only thing it has is rent is 400 a month and on special provision it says partly furnished. dose not say with what.and no amount there either . the first month I paid it I gave her 100 for tv and 94 for my share of rent and section8 gave her 306 there part.
the second month I went to her and told her I could not aford it . and I think its wrong for her to make me rent it so she could have more money.I gave the tv back it was a 13 inch orion and cost new 130 dallers. she wanted me to rent it for 100 a month for 12 months and then give it back to hers because its hers.well she said she would evict me.and she did. i went to court and lost because they said that the t.v was part of rent but I have talked to a legal aid attorney and he said it was not right and not legaly but he could not help me because a lawsuit I would get money.so Im looking for a attorney. and not alot of them do wrongful evictions and dont know much about section8. please help me. I have her on recorded saying the housing authority told her how to this . so it would be legel. I realy need help with some advice. thank you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should not have lost the case because Section 8 does not allow side agreements that are not approved by them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">