• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cell phone insurance wont pay for lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dancower

What is the name of your state?OK

Sorry, I dont know where I should post this topic. I hope it is OK I post it here.

Two month I purchased the cell phone online and one year contract with Cingular. At the same time I also buy an equipment protection. I also told the seller that I need a protection in case I lost my cell phone. Everything apprears in the receipt of purchase.

About three weeks ago, I lost my cell phone. I think I lost it in walmart parking lot when I got out of my car, it might be drop from my pocket and I just realize it after I got home. So I went back to walmart to find it, I couldnt find it. I also try to call my own cell without any luck.

I contact Cingular about the incident and the re-direct me to their insurance company that work with them. Apparently I dont have account with them. And form there I realize that the cell phone seller sold me an insurance with another company without mention it to me.

I finally contact the insurance that suppose to protect me, fill out the claim form attach all information they need including a police report and explaination about how I lost my cell phone. I can never contact the insurance company thru phone, they never pick up. The only way to communicate is thru fax or email.

So after I submit all the information, they never reply to my email nor answer the customer service line. I start to get very nervous. And 2 weeks later, I got a claim denial letter from the insurance with a very unreasonable reason.
Here is what they said in the latter: "due to phone lost while shopping, we cannot consider this claim for payment. *Negligence, unexplained disappearance or loss due to voluntary surrender to a third party."

Now I think they accused me of giving my phone to somebody and I claim the insurance which I did not do. How can they accused me like that without any proof or something. I feel like being ripped off.

I really dont know what to do to get a replacement phone. I know they try to cheat. But I have no clue of how to deal with this situation.
Anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance

dan

yogi1068

Cell phone insurance wont pay for lost

I was buying a cell phone with insurance from a Cingular internet company when I read your post and noticed it was the same insurance service that I was going to purchase. If you go to intelenetwireless.com, click on Cingular Wireless, pick a phone, drop down to Device Protection Service and click for more detailes, you will find the following listed items that clearly state that your phone is covered:
# 5:Q: What is covered by the Device Protection Service?
A: The entire phone, PDA, wireless PC card device, original electronic accessories and battery provided in the phone box are covered for repair or replacement with no deductible. Eligible devices are covered for accidental damage, theft, malfunction or loss up to the liability limit of $300 per incident
Item # 7 Q: What incidences are covered by the Device Protection Service?
A: Theft, accidental damage, malfunction after 30 days, and loss of the wireless device are all covered by the Device Protection Service. The loss, real or perceived of data, time, financial opportunity, or any other consequence arising from the loss of the use of the wireless device, normal wear and tear, inventory shortage, dishonest or malicious acts, cosmetic damage (eg. marring, scratching), negligence, water damage or loss, or unexplained disappearance, theft from an unattended premise or vehicle not reasonably secured, in transit either through postal or courier services, or incidences occurring outside the US or Canada are not covered by the service.
I hope that I have helped you to recover your loss. As you can guess, I am not signing up for this service. I tried to contact the company by phone and I get the same information as you have. You cannot talk to a LIVE person. They are not even listed when you Google them. Could they be ripping people off?

yogi1068

Cell phone insurance will not pay for loss

undefinedI was buying a cell phone with insurance from a Cingular internet company when I read your post and noticed it was the same insurance service that I was going to purchase. If you go to intelenetwireless.com, click on Cingular Wireless, pick a phone, drop down to Device Protection Service and click for more detailes, you will find the following listed items that clearly state that your phone is covered:
# 5:Q: What is covered by the Device Protection Service?
A: The entire phone, PDA, wireless PC card device, original electronic accessories and battery provided in the phone box are covered for repair or replacement with no deductible. Eligible devices are covered for accidental damage, theft, malfunction or loss up to the liability limit of $300 per incident
Item # 7 Q: What incidences are covered by the Device Protection Service?
A: Theft, accidental damage, malfunction after 30 days, and loss of the wireless device are all covered by the Device Protection Service. The loss, real or perceived of data, time, financial opportunity, or any other consequence arising from the loss of the use of the wireless device, normal wear and tear, inventory shortage, dishonest or malicious acts, cosmetic damage (eg. marring, scratching), negligence, water damage or loss, or unexplained disappearance, theft from an unattended premise or vehicle not reasonably secured, in transit either through postal or courier services, or incidences occurring outside the US or Canada are not covered by the service.
I hope that I have helped you to recover your loss. As you can guess, I am not signing up for this service. I tried to contact the company by phone and I get the same information as you have. You cannot talk to a LIVE person. They are not even listed when you Google them. Could they be ripping people off?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">