• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daily charge for guest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

letsgo

Hi. I am a renter in Massachusetts with a lease. I asked my landlord verbally if my sister could stay here while she looked for an apartment near the school she would be starting in January. The landlord replied that it was "no problem". 2 weeks later I received a not (the first of the month) saying that they want $10/day added to the rent for each day my sister stays. They said that it would start immediately and was payable at the end of the month for this month's stay. Is it legal for them to tack on a charge like that? And are they required to give some notice before it takes effect?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by letsgo:
Hi. I am a renter in Massachusetts with a lease. I asked my landlord verbally if my sister could stay here while she looked for an apartment near the school she would be starting in January. The landlord replied that it was "no problem". 2 weeks later I received a not (the first of the month) saying that they want $10/day added to the rent for each day my sister stays. They said that it would start immediately and was payable at the end of the month for this month's stay. Is it legal for them to tack on a charge like that? And are they required to give some notice before it takes effect?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's your gripe. That charge is even cheaper than Motel 6. And they leave the lights on for ya.
Sister overstayed as a guest and is now considered a temp tenant.
L has a right to charge or to demand that Sis move out. If she is cute, can cook and clean, I have extra room at my place. She must get up at the crack of dawn and feed all the farm animals too.

A

Always searching

Oldest son married a girl named Dawn. Had two tee shirts made.

One said, "I wake up at the crack of Dawn"
The other, "Dawn"

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Always searching:
Oldest son married a girl named Dawn. Had two tee shirts made.

One said, "I wake up at the crack of Dawn"
The other, "Dawn"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have no problem wearing both shirts but would not wear one that stated tildawn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">