• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cosmetology School and Carpal Tunnel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dogchainx

What is the name of your state? UTAH

A local cosmetology school is wanting payment for tuition from my wife. They want payment for ALL hours in the tuition, even though she only went for a few months. She is diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, and can not continue with her schooling in cosmetology. In her contract, it mentions nothing about "medical circumstances" and leaving school and payment options. Do we have a legal stance in the form of descrimination against my wife due to her medical condition? I don't want to sue, just only pay for hours my wife went, and not the total hours of completion the school requires payment.

dgingrich

Can't help you w/the legal end of it, but someone here will. I also enrolled in cosmetology school. Was supposed to go for 2 years, went for 1 month. Had to pay entire 8K back. I'm a beauty-school dropout lol

You Are Guilty

dogchainx said:
What is the name of your state? UTAH

A local cosmetology school is wanting payment for tuition from my wife. They want payment for ALL hours in the tuition, even though she only went for a few months. She is diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, and can not continue with her schooling in cosmetology. In her contract, it mentions nothing about "medical circumstances" and leaving school and payment options. Do we have a legal stance in the form of descrimination against my wife due to her medical condition? I don't want to sue, just only pay for hours my wife went, and not the total hours of completion the school requires payment.
You answered your own question. And no, there is no such thing as "carpal tunnel discrimination".

janedoe23

I am pretty sure you will find your answers in that itsy bitsy black writing at the bottom of your contract. Besides, if they have to make an exception for your wife then everyone will be crying disability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">